Saturday, November 22, 2008

Not That We Don't Love You, But....

I've only met about five Canadians I didn't like. Considering that I don't make it through a week without meeting five Americans that annoy me, five annoying Canadians in a lifetime isn't bad. But here's a serious beef. I met a traveling Canadian who not only told me that their entire country was celebrating obama's election (I didn't ask if that included the conservative pm), but that literally tens of thousands of canadians had come down to the states to volunteer to help obama get elected. Smiling politely, I just said 'Yeah! People from all over the world helped him get elected.'

What I was thinking was get out of my country and get out of my election. I realize that other countries have more of a stake in our election than we do in theirs (primarily I think, because much as the rest of the world likes to spit on us and look down their noses at us, they still depend on us more than they like to admit), and I realize that they think that every American capable of stringing together two syllables must be a liberal (that's what stephen king teaches us, remember.... the same guy who thinks that our soldiers are all illiterate), and I also realize that conservatives don't have feelings (for example, in New Zealand, where they also just elected a conservative pm, I was told that all Americans would have had to have had a lobotomy... because George W Bush was elected). But here's a newsflash from the illiterate unfeeling conservative American Patriot. I would never presume to interfere in your election, and much as I generally like you and your country, I'd like to ask that from now on you stop interfering in our elections. If those tens of thousands of volunteers would maybe try instead to patch up your sieve of a border, we'd have fewer problems. And when you come back (and really, you are welcome. I forgive your ill manners and thoughtless mouth), please don't assume that I agree with your radical and/or ignorant politics. When in doubt, keep your unwanted opinions to yourself.



What is Fantasy Trek?
Not Just a Game. It's a Star Trek Experience
http://fantasytrek.blogspot.com

No comments: