Monday, June 20, 2005

Enlightened??

I read an interview with Charlotte Dawson. For any non-Kiwi's, she is a pretty well-known celebrity here.... anyway, amongst other things that she hated was the fact George W Bush had been elected. That's fine. Her opinion, and she was asked. But she said that Americans had been lobotomized. I don't care what Charlotte Dawson thinks about Bush or Americans... but I am quite frankly insulted by this chick who knows less about America than I know about New Zealand. She doesn't even differentiate on the basis of politics. Nope. You're American, you don't have a brain. Supposedly enlightened people. It tells me that I'm not welcome here. So I'll be happy to see the back end of New Zealand. Small backwards little country. Small backwards little people. Big fish in a small pond happy to take tourist dollars and by the way still have their own country because a bunch of lobotomized soldiers saved their ass in the pacific during World War Two. Oh yeah. Charlotte forgot that.

This really isn't about politics. It's about people who can't see past their own limited horizons. Disagree, tell me I'm wrong or evil or greedy, I don't care. But don't say I'm ignorant because of where I was born. I like my country as much as she likes hers. Charlotte insisted not long ago that she not be judged. Well, she's quite happily judged me and hundreds of millions of people that she's never met.

Rant complete.

No comments: