Thursday, June 09, 2005

A little something

Since I haven't touched this blog in like a week or so, here is a poem....


Anathematized

I leave my mount behind
when winged predators
would only run him off.
Scents abound in this thorned forest
of blackened trees and dried tears.
Children led me here,
though they have long since run home.
She-
she who awaits in timeless,
deathlike slumber-
she is pale and perfect and forever young.

Suitors have abandoned her prone form.
Suitors of professed love but no passion.

I move slowly through oppressive undergrowth
and gnarled branches.
They are remnants of unanswered tears,
unspent passion,
and unrequited love.
They are the vengeful arms of deposed kings-
They cast a shroud over the sun.
They take years from the young.
They put miles between lovers.

So my sword I put to them
with all the passion
left unspent
in all the time
my love has been denied me.

And I push on.
Wind whistling ahead carries her voice.
Rain, penetrating the thick canopy above me
tastes like her sweet tears.

When finally the canopy breaks
and the gnarled sentries of dead limbs part-

The mist that wets my face o'er brave tears
dries...

What light is it that breaks through this thorned forest?
What heart has occupied the vacuum left in my chest?

It is my love, as promised.
Prone
and innocent
and virginal.
Awaiting me.

I kneel, reverently.
My sword at my side.
Soft, feathery music
that tickles at the back of my neck.

Her hand, once so alive
and wanting
now lies limp at her delicate side.

With memories mixing with hopes and endless, aching need,
I pull her hand so gently-
a soft and careful kiss.
And hope-
where once it was not needed-

hope to see lifeless, closed eyes flutter...


Kapact

No comments: