Saturday, June 25, 2005

Poetry: "Want"

(Some of you may have read this before)

Want

What is want but an itch?
To desire a feeling quite superficial.
Is this essential?
Is the need real?

Can I live without her in my life?
I want more and more to feel her fire
But if I say I need her, am I a liar?

My head says stay, my heart screams go!
My blood shouts I love her!
My brain says 'so?'

What am I doing?
Where does it end?
Do I kiss her goodnight when I push 'send'?

With my words I touch her and breathe in her scent...
So am I a rascal?
Are my morals slightly bent?

Duty and honour are not wants,
they are needs.
They are moral foundations...not just words…but deeds.

And yet-
an untended itch can bring down a giant-
crumble a mountain-
overwhelm all defiant.

Do I want her?
Yes.
Do I love her?
Perhaps.
But is it a want that can be indulged?
Can I DO anything about it?
Duty and honour quietly remind me that I cannot even think about it.
but my passion does not hear quiet reminders...

little is heard over the pounding of my heart and the rushing of my blood...

want
need
desire

words
poems
letters
emails

a caress?
a kiss?

write a letter, and crush her body against mine...

resist
give in
sweet surrender?

love

want

and go on wanting....

No comments: