Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Hello New Zealand?

I've had very little contact from friends in New Zealand, which bothers me.
My relationship with that country has been at times a bit edgy, but I really
love that country and it's people. For those of you silent multitudes out
there who don't know, I'm an American married to a Kiwi lady. I was down
there for almost three years, Sadly for me, it was when America invaded
Iraq. And at the time, a girl I worked with asked me if I hated all Iraqis.
I said I didn't know them, so how could I hate them? I said it was a
decision by my government, really for the purpose of taking out a murderous
dictator and freeing the Iraqi people. She seemed to understand that. But
then there were idiots who threw food at me and swore at me... because of my
accent. My accent. Others backed me up in public and demanded to know how I
voted. There was even a Pastor who accepted an invitation into my home
before launching into a tirade against America and Americans. This was a
religious man. Do you see what I'm saying? I invited the man into my
home.... gave him a cup of coffee and a biscuit just so he could insult me
and my country. I even tried to agree with him, just to settle him down. All
it did was spur him on. And this enlightened, laid back bastion of liberal
love and tolerance treated me like a criminal based upon nothing but my
accent. And even so, I met lots of really nice people, and I'd love to go
back there. But I don't hear from my friends there. C'mon New Zealand! Don't
you have a comment? See, I worry that my rants have alienated my friends in
New Zealand. And I really believe that Islam is going to hit New Zealand,
and in a big way. Its already there, in Palmerston North. You could say that
a Mosque is harmless, but Islam has more than a Mosque in the south pacific.
The Bali bombings weren't accidents, and there were Kiwi's killed there. So
you know, they're close and getting closer. It's come out recently that some
bombings had been averted in Australia. So how can New Zealand just sit
there and ignore the threat that Islam openly presents? Really, what will it
take? Is it going to take a car bomb in Auckland to wake you up? Al Zawahiri
has been in your country. Some of the 9/11 hijackers trained in Palmerston
North. They've already killed some of you. So what will it take? An Air New
Zealand flight taking out the skytower? Al Qaeda bought an election in Spain
with a few explosives in a train station. Is that in the plan for New
Zealand? I'll tell you something that bothers me about what I see there, and
what I see here. At the same time we are really bending over backwards to
appease (and that is the word you should remember.... Google 'Neville
Chamberlain' and 'appeasement'. Toss in 'Adolf Hitler' while you're at it)
Islam, we are pre-judging (Google 'prejudice' too) Christians who are doing
nothing worse than alerting people to a grave threat. David W, you should
know that the Dannevirke News totally discounted your feedback to my column,
based on nothing but the fact that you're a Christian. I guess if you were a
Muslim they'd care about what you have to say. I guess if you preached an
intolerant religion that tells its followers to kill anyone with different
beliefs, you'd be worth acknowledgement. Take heart, Dave. New Zealand
hasn't been overrun. Yet. But the more silence the rest of the world gets
from New Zealand, the less time you have before a bomb goes off on one of
the islands. I will make a prediction, though. When the first bomb goes off,
Islam will not be blamed, even if they claim responsibility. Blame will be
pointed at the average Joe Blog, for not being more sensitive to the needs
of this 'peaceful religion'.

So. New Zealand... what do you have to say to that?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

just testing something...