Thursday, July 26, 2007

Open letter to Glenn Beck and Robert Novak (AKA The Prince of Darkness), as well as any lurkers here

Please Glenn, tell me something. Setting aside the politics, and people
formerly in the employ of the government named "Scooter", do you agree that
exposing the identity of CIA agents on the air is a bad thing? I'm not a
republican, or a democrat. (In fact, can we just call them all
Republocrats?), but I am a thinker. And I think that Scooter had nothing to
do with outing Valerie Plame. I think it was Robert Novak, AKA The Prince of
Darkness. The guy who was on your show Thursday the 26th of July. I mean, if
it wasn't a bad thing to expose the identity of our intelligence agents,
would we even know about Scooter? I don't think so. That still counts as a
national secret, especially during a time of war. So please, tell me why
Mister Novak can brag, yes brag about doing just that? He made it public!
Just because he's a journalist, does that mean he can expose any secret he
gets wind of? Is there no accountability? Freedom of the press is important,
but just like anything else, it isn't absolute. It comes with
responsibility. Maybe that's okay. I don't know. Maybe there's a reason a
journalist (and I'm not a journalist. I'm just a writer. And a thinker) can
expose state secrets and guys named Scooter can't. Please explain this to me
Glenn. Because I trust you. You're a thinker.

No comments: