Sunday, May 22, 2005

Serialized Fiction: "LoveBot" Part One

This is a work of fiction.

Type this into your web browser.

“www.lovebot.com”, without the quotes

Fill out a form, with screen name, password, and certify that you are over eighteen. Insert a few personal details, to ‘flesh out your experience’. Wait for the confirmation email to log in for the first time, then browse the ‘rooms’. Different categories. Different kinds of girls. Ages. Nationalities. How personal a relationship you want. Why not? Who else is going to come here? So you pick someone. I’ll pick a Russian girl, maybe five years younger. There is a reasonable excuse for why we can never meet.



“What’s your name?”

“Marisska. What is yours?”

“James. Where are you, Marisska?”

“I am in Moscow. Where are you, James?”

“Near Chicago, in America. You write English very well, Marisska. Better than I write Russian.”

“I work in a bank where there are many American clients.”

“Marisska, I have to go to bed. I work early in the morning. Will you be here tomorrow?”

“Probably. Look for me.”

“Thank you. Goodnight, Marisska.”










to be continued

No comments: